Most custom software gets more expensive and less reliable over time. At Worlds Enough Studios, I know the strategies and techniques to make your software systems easier to work with and more reliable to operate.
Is your custom software…
Think of the possibilities…
Your software should respond to your changing needs. I deliver software designs that meet today’s needs and readily adapt at the speed of business.
When your people have to wait, you lose money. I remove bottlenecks using my solid understanding of Web Performance at every level of the stack, from front-end to back-end.
Mysterious errors and site downtime send potential customers to your competitors. I’ve been delivering reliable, well-tested systems for over a decade. I can deliver one for you.
I’ve worked with legacy systems for my entire career.
I’ve been there.
- It’s frustrating when your expensive custom software can’t adapt to your changing business needs.
- It’s maddening when your fancy new website is dog slow.
- It’s heartbreaking when buggy software wastes employee time and chases away customers.
That’s why I do things differently.
I listen to your needs and make a plan. Then I design and implement adaptable, performant, and reliable software systems that solve your problems and please your customers.
What does working with me look like?
Hi, I’m David Eyk!*
* (rhymes with “like”)
At Worlds Enough Studios, I know that you want a successful business that serves your customers well and doesn’t cause you headaches or lost sleep. To have that, you need high-quality custom software that is reliable and adaptable to your business’s changing needs.
The problem is that software is expensive, and it’s not your area of expertise. You don’t know how to evaluate the work that’s done, and you don’t know if you’ll be happy with the results. This makes you feel like a core piece of your business is out of your control!
I believe that good software starts with good communication and early acceptance testing. If something in the design is wrong, we should be able to catch that early, maybe even before a line of code is written!
I understand how important your business is to you, and how important it is to get this right. That’s why I use Agile development processes to keep you informed and in the driver’s seat.
I also understand that what’s right for your business today may change in six months. That’s why I use Domain-Driven Design to build a system that can be easily adapted to whatever the future might throw at you.
Finally, I understand that your business shouldn’t be handcuffed to me. That’s why I deliver well-documented, well-factored, well-tested code that will be a pleasure for any skilled developer to pick up.
Here’s how the process works:
- You teach me about the business processes that the software needs to support, and any existing solutions you have in place.
- You receive a common language that we’ll use to describe every part of the system. No technobabble, no jargon, just plain English.
- You receive a plan that strictly separates the all-important business rules from the boring details like databases and task queues.
- We test these business rules together to make sure they meet your needs.
- You receive a system that implements the rules we agreed upon. I handle all the boring details so you don’t have to!
- You receive an automated deployment process so that any changes to the system can be fielded quickly and safely.
- You receive a well-documented, well-tested system that will be easy for any developer to pick up. If I get hit by a bus, your business won’t suffer.
What to expect
We’ll talk about what your current software solutions look like and what your goals for them are. I’ll listen closely and take notes, and I’ll tell you up front if I think my skills are a good fit for your business.
If I think we’re a good fit, we’ll talk about what a better software solution to your business problems looks like. Then I’ll make a plan and quote you an estimate, and we’ll go from there.